Bushnell Pro 1600 Review
Today’s review is on the Bushnell Pro 1600 golf laser rangefinder. Classed as one of the most accurate and most effective rangefinders by tour professionals this little unit can measure distances of up to 1600 yards within +/- 1 yard off accuracy. This creates both confidence in club selection and better results by knowing exactly how far to hit your next shot.
The Pro 1600 comes both in tournament legal Standard edition and also in Slope edition for the avid golf player. The Slope edition will measure accurate distances whether you are up-hill or down hill.
Also built into this rangefinder is a digital inclinometer which helps you determine distance based on the degree of elevation change. Very handy indeed.
Another fantastic addition is the Pinseeker mode that allows easy targeting of the flag without inadvertently capturing background target distances. Combine this with x7 magnification and the Rainguard HD waterproof technology system that keeps your optical lens always clear no matter what the conditions then you really can see why most tour pro’s prefer the Bushnell Pro 1600 as their main rangefinder.
Product Features of the Bushnell Pro 1600
- Ranges 5 – 1600 yards/meters
- +/- 1 yard accuracy
- 7x magnification
- 9-volt battery
- Carry case included
- No reflective prism required
- Rainguard HD technology (100% waterproof)
- IPX7 waterproof standard
- The most widely used laser rangefinder by tour professionals
- Bushnell® Slope Technology for exact distance to the pin, uphill or downhill (in Slope Edition – not tournament legal)
- Pinseeker Mode which allows you to easily acquire the flag without inadvertently capturing background target distances
- Scan Mode which displays multiple ranges while panning
Product Specifications of the Bushnell Pro 1600
- Magnification: 7x
- Objective lens: 26mm
- Range: 5 to 1600 yards
- Dimensions: 1.7 x 5.1 x 3.7 inches
- Battery type: 9 volt alkaline
- Weight: 12 ounces
- Reflective: 1600 yards
- Tree: 1000 yards
- Flag: 400 yards
- Accuracy: ± 1 yard
Bushnell Pro 1600 in Action!
Pros and Cons of the Bushnell Pro 1600
- Very accurate distance measurements of up to 1600 yards (for reflective objects)
- Comes both in tournament legal Standard edition and Slope edition for non tournament players
- Uses easy to find 9 volt batteries that you can get from most shops
- Comes with both Pinseeker mode and Scan mode as standards
- Waterproof and can be used in any weather conditions with ultimate clarity and accuracy
- Requires two hands for steady control and accurate measurement due to its binocular type shape.
Customer Reviews of the Bushnell Pro 1600
C.L Northrup @ Amazon.com
“You get quick accurate measurements to the pin and other object like green side bunkers. There is no need to download different golf courses, you can use the Bushnell 1600 on any golf course. I received advice on what to buy from caddies who loop for PGA tour players and this is what they all use. Just go to a PGA tournament practice round and watch how the caddies check yardage and what they are using. It is also great on the practice range because it helps me know exactly how far I am hitting each club in by bag. It was easier to hold steady when getting yardages than I imagined. Great product and I am very pleased with my decision.”
Key Rod @ Amazon.com
“I purchased this product because one of my friends had one. I had the Sky Caddie but thought the 1600 could serve several purposes (on the course and at the range). I also thought it would provide me with immediate feedback on position and obstacles. I used it during a round and was not disappointed. Not only did I get the exact readings on yardage, it gave me confidence when trying to avoid hazards as I knew what club to pick for the right trajectory to get around, below, or above them based on the distance. Sky Caddie, in my opinion, just did not provide the same type of information to me on demand. I would recommend this product to anyone asking. “